1. We hold regularly scheduled training runs.
2. Running with a group provides extra motivation to run.
3. We encourage a fit and active lifestyle.
4. Running or walking with our club can help if you’re trying to lose weight.
5. We have runners and walkers who run many different paces.
6. Enjoy the camaraderie and encouragement. We meet for breakfast after our Saturday morning long walk/runs.
7. You’ll have the opportunity to plan trips to other races with other people!
8. Our group is not just for runners. Our members include walkers and triathletes.
9. Pick up training tips from veteran runners, walkers and triathletes.
10. We understand why you want to run!
Assistance through our mentoring program at getting started in running or improving your past performances. Mentor training for the Fifth Third River Bank Run in May starts on the first Saturday of January at 8:00am at John Ball Zoo and continues through the date of the River Bank Run. This program is free of charge.
Gazelle Sports: 10% off at all four Grand Rapids stores on all non-sale merchandise every day of the week. Have your membership card with you.
Striders: 10% off shoes and apparel
Warren Nutrition: 20% at all four Grand Rapids stores on all non-sale merchandise every day of the week. Have your membership card with you.
Discount on classes at Yoga Heat, downtown Grand Rapids on Monroe
Internet 2000: discount depends upon services required.
Cascade Winery/Jaden James Brewery: 15% off wine, $1 off draft beer Monday-Thursday